Monday, October 26, 2009

Holiday Prep


The last few weeks have been pretty crazy for me between work and helping to organize the SECAC conference that my department was hosting and procrastinating in front of my beads... phew! I realized this week that I tend to make more jewelry when I am busy than when I have free time. Isn't that odd? When I am crazy busy I have to reward myself with 15-20 minutes of non-work every now and then, so I end up turning to my craft room as my getaway space. I can easily start and stop a jewelry project as my spare time dictates. I just keep all of my current project's materials in a velvet lined tray and drop it into a bureau drawer when I stop (to keep it away from kitties). With this method I posted 6-8 new things on my etsy website these last 2 weeks! Much more than my normal listing speed!


It also occurred to me that now is the time to start building up my shop for the holiday season. The more items you have the more likely you will have just the right thing for a buyer! So my goal is to keep making and posting regularly for the next few weeks. Hopefully I can keep up the momentum!


I've also started a facebook fan page. I'm not sure if I will keep it up yet. So far I've only been using it to promote new listings in the shop and thats kinda boring I think. I haven't decided if I really have a use for it yet!


Thought I'd post a few pics of new things in the shop just to spice up this post, hope you like!

No comments: